- All secondary applicants will be asked to take the Admission Test (AT) in English, Mathematics, Science and Islamic Studies and the primary applicants in English and Maths. A short list will be made on the basis of their admission test results.
- Those who are not communicated within the deadline will assume that they have not been successful at that occasion.
- The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview accompanied by a parent/guardian. They will be interviewed by a member of the admission panel in order to establish the following:-
- They (the student and the parent/guardian) share the school’s vision.
- The parents/guardians are committed to be active partners to the school.
- The parents of the students have a track record of supporting Islamic causes that the school stands for.
- The student (secondary) is able to read the Qur’an and has memorised or is committed to memorise by September of the year of Entry one Juz (1/30) of the Qur’an.
- The student (primary) is able to read Qaeda and has memorised some small surahs.
- The student has a track record of attendance (95% or above), good behaviour, and completion of homework.
- The student has obtained a certificate from his present school that he is working at level 4 (secondary) and at level 2a (primary) in all core subjects.
- The parent/guardian has the means of paying fees for the duration of the candidates study at the School.
- The student has a sibling in the London East Academy or Al-Mizan school.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community, and applicants will be taken if they meet the admission criteria. We’re also taking applications for female students from 2017.
Thank you for taking an interest in applying to Al Mizan Primary School.
For parents that wish to bring in their child’s application you have the option of leaving it at the East London Mosque security desk during school holidays or you can directly hand it in the school reception during school hours.
Should you wish to send your application via email. Please send to rahim@eastlondonmosqueschools.
Please note, your application must be fully completed and all relevant documents have been attached when submitting for it to be processed without delays.
The admissions officer will notify you of your child’s application status in due course inshaallah.
The admission procedure is as follows:
- Places will be offered the students who are top of the list and the rest will be kept in a waiting list for one year if parents show interest in writing.
- The order in the waiting list will be determined by a panel chaired by the Chair of Governors after considering the written request from the parents in which they will explain how they are going to support their son in weak areas of the curriculum and so on.
- Successful candidates offer will be conditional. The condition will include signing an agreement and paying fees for one term within the period of four weeks.