18th March 2020
The governing body supported by the East London Mosque Trusth as decided that all pupils at Al Mizan and London East Academy stay at home until further notice starting from tomorrow 19 March 2020. This is for the safety of all our pupils in light of advice we have received about the Coronavirus. We will inform you when the school will reopen via text messages insha Allah.
Your child’s learning is equally important to us, so during this closure we will continue to support pupils in the following ways:
• All pupils will continue with their lessons as normal through a virtual a classroom i.e. they will enter all their lessons (based on the amended timetable) online at home. Pupils will be taught live with their teacher throughout the duration of the closure as long at that is feasible. Please see the instructions attached to this letter on how to set up virtual classrooms.
• We expect parents to ensure that their children attend their virtual lessons at home on time. We will continue to monitor pupils’ attendance in every lesson.
• We will be setting up a technical support number and online support if you are facing difficulties at home with the lessons and also if you have any other urgent matters.
• All external exams will continue as normal including SATs and GCSEs unless we hear otherwise
What will NOT continue during closure:
• School trips
• After-school clubs
We appreciate the closure will have an impact on you and your family and it’s far from an ideal scenario, but we’ll keep in touch with any updates as the situation develops. If you want to get in touch to share any concerns, please don’t hesitate to do so via our normal contact details.
Please use NHS 111 online if you or your child feels ill and you want to know what to do next.
Thank you for your continued support.
Askor Ali – Headteacher
Hussain Shefaar – Chair of School Governing Body
Our Core Values
Qualities, characteristics, or ideas about which we feel strongly. Our values affect our decisions, goals and behaviour.
- A commitment to acquire knowledge and life skills with high aspirations
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect, think, critique, debate and lead with confidence
- A demonstration of independence in ensuring personal hygiene
- Become outstanding British Muslims and contribute to the prosperity of our country.
- Live by the teachings of the Quran and messenger’s sayings and actions and develop God consciousness.
- To demonstrate honesty and truthfulness at all times instil strong morals and principles based on the values of Islam
- A strong core of self-respect, respecting others in school, the wider community and those of different faiths & cultures
- A sense of responsibility and accountability to the school, the community and the wider society.